For Members

How Do I…

Change My Name?

If you have changed your name legally, you need to change your TMRS account to reflect your new name by sending a TMRS Address or Name Change Form. For compliance and security reasons, we are not able to make a name change over the phone or the Internet. Include a photocopy of a legal document showing your changed name (see 1).

Complete the TMRS Address or Name Change Form:

  1. Fill out the top portion of the form:
    • Full Name
    • SSN (must be legible and match the number on file)
    • Date of birth
    • Current or last employing city
    • Daytime phone
  2. Skip the 2nd section (address change) and fill out the 3rd section, which asks for
    • Old name
    • New name
    • Reason for change
  3. Enclose a photocopy of a legal document verifying your name change (see 1).
  4. Signature Required — be sure to sign and date the form.
  5. Send the form and name change documentation to TMRS either by mail or fax.

TMRS is on Facebook!

Follow TMRS on LinkedIn

Contact Webmaster for technical assistance or to report a broken link. For all other issues, please fill out this online form and TMRS will respond during normal business hours.

©2017 Texas Municipal Retirement System.
This website is an informal presentation of the TMRS Act and related law. If any specific questions of fact or law should arise, the statutes will govern. TMRS, MyTMRS, and the TMRS logo are registered trademarks of the Texas Municipal Retirement System.