Skip to Content

How Do I…
Change My Name?

If you have changed your name legally, you need to change your TMRS account to reflect your new name by sending a TMRS Address or Name Change Form. For compliance and security reasons, we are not able to make a name change over the phone or the Internet. Include a photocopy of a legal document showing your changed name (see Note).

How to Complete the TMRS Name/Address Change Form • TMRS-CHNG

  1. Fill out the top portion of the form:
    • Full Name
    • SSN (must be legible and match the number on file)
    • Date of birth
    • Current or last employing city
    • Daytime phone
  2. Skip the 2nd section (address change) and fill out the 3rd section, which asks for
    • Old name
    • New name
    • Reason for change
  3. Enclose a photocopy of a legal document verifying your name change (see Note).
  4. Signature Required — be sure to sign and date the form.
  5. Send the form and name change documentation to TMRS either by mail or fax.

Don’t Double Up

If you fax a form, do not mail a separate copy. We only need one copy of each form, either faxed or mailed.